Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New to the Forum
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:22 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
not new to hi points. had a 995 as a kid. used to wait for winter. roll big snowmen. and cut them down, a little calvin and hobbes 2.0 attack of the derranged mutant monster killer snow goons. also used to pretend i was chuck heston for obvious reasons. anyways. kinda grew up. a bit. and have my own range now. long story short a fellow gun nut wanted to hock off a 995 classic. being the kind soul i am i took it off their hands. updated the looks. and put it to work. its now the test gun for new targets at the range when throwing rifle rounds down range would be premature and expensive. when its not earning its keep it is backing up my xd and mossberg 12g as typical home defense. i've always been leery about grabbing a 12 gauge with buckshot because i prefer my eardrums intact. and as nice as my xd45 is. well id hate to botch a shot. the carbine fills a nice role.

Favorite Firearms
Springfield XD 45acp
Mossberg Maverick 88 12g
Remington 7400 30-06
H&R combo rifle 22/.410
Heritage 22 SAA combo
HP 995
Savage 99 .250

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New to the Forum
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:42 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

:welcome:

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" "Who watches the watchmen?"
-- Juvenal, Satires, VI, 347 M E

"We can have a democratic society or we can have the concentration of great wealth in the hands of the few. We cannot have both."
-- Louis Brandeis, Supreme Court Justice from 1916-1939

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:08 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

thanks for the welcome. if i ever figger out how to post a picture without using photobucket i'll get some pictures on up. someday

Favorite Firearms
Springfield XD 45acp
Mossberg Maverick 88 12g
Remington 7400 30-06
H&R combo rifle 22/.410
Heritage 22 SAA combo
HP 995
Savage 99 .250

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:31 pm 
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

Favorite Hi-Point: 4595
I agree the 995 is a good choice for a house gun. It's also just simple fun.
BarnOwl wrote:
not new to hi points. had a 995 as a kid. used to wait for winter. roll big snowmen. and cut them down, a little calvin and hobbes 2.0 attack of the derranged mutant monster killer snow goons. also used to pretend i was chuck heston for obvious reasons. anyways. kinda grew up. a bit. and have my own range now. long story short a fellow gun nut wanted to hock off a 995 classic. being the kind soul i am i took it off their hands. updated the looks. and put it to work. its now the test gun for new targets at the range when throwing rifle rounds down range would be premature and expensive. when its not earning its keep it is backing up my xd and mossberg 12g as typical home defense. i've always been leery about grabbing a 12 gauge with buckshot because i prefer my eardrums intact. and as nice as my xd45 is. well id hate to botch a shot. the carbine fills a nice role.

You'll have to use a picture host. Photobucket is an easy one but there are others.
BarnOwl wrote:
thanks for the welcome. if i ever figger out how to post a picture without using photobucket i'll get some pictures on up. someday

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:40 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

well crap. maybe no pictures then for a while. it is indeed a fun gun. its replaced the keltec sub2K as the carbine hall of famer at the range. keltec was a picky eater. horribly unprotected vitals. ie sights. folding thing was cool. but i run red dots. glock mags were cool i guess. but i dont own glocks i own xd's. the hi point has always been a personal favorite and its doing a good job taking up the workload when you're doing run and gun testing. front sight post was missing a set screw. rear peep had been glued back on. mags are so old they're nosediving rounds and the springs are to soft. but it has yet to fail on anything. probably wont fail til i wear it out which may not be for a couple years

Favorite Firearms
Springfield XD 45acp
Mossberg Maverick 88 12g
Remington 7400 30-06
H&R combo rifle 22/.410
Heritage 22 SAA combo
HP 995
Savage 99 .250

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:53 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Big welcome from Arizona BarnOwl!
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:16 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Welcome to the forum, sorry about the pic hosting, we are a small forum and hosting pics can get expensive... if you want to post a pic give me or one of the other guys a shout and we will help you out.

Cool that you own a gun range, tell us more about it... I started my own gun store a few years ago, still very small but its growing.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:54 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

thanks for the big welcome guys. i'll correct a statement though. i dont "own a range" i have a range. theres no profit in it for me. its just a place for my friends and family to field test firearms. its a section of family land that ive developed to maximize the fun. you can play poker. do shooting safely up to 2,000 yards. urban combat drills for when cops want to come play. you can do home defence scenarios. what if stages. all targets are hand made except those awesome little self healing targets that we've come to love so much out there. i cant justify opening a gun range to charge at. just doesnt seem right to charge fellow gun lovers or people just trying to learn how to defend themselves. only way i make a profit is i make people leave their brass and it gets sent to my reloader which i then buy back at a stupidly cheap price. only brass you dont leave is "forgotten rounds" that you need to have reloaded for your own personal firearm. such as my savage model 99 chambered in 250-3000. im just a guy who enjoys shooting. its a sport to me "gasp" yup. i shoot for fun. horrible person i know. i wont own a gun i dont enjoy shooting. it has to hold something for me.

i totally understand the hosting thing. ill try and get some pictures and videos of guns and range time up eventually. next week i think the hipoint goes up against the 300aac blackout thats being finished. the mossberg 702 is going up against the ruger 10/22 take down in a game of poker. and the famous xd45 is going up against the kimber 1911. its what we call our budget line drill. do you get what you pay for? hopefully my budget guns dont fail me at my range lol

Favorite Firearms
Springfield XD 45acp
Mossberg Maverick 88 12g
Remington 7400 30-06
H&R combo rifle 22/.410
Heritage 22 SAA combo
HP 995
Savage 99 .250

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:42 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

[url=http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/IHRunner/media/Mobile%20Uploads/89cb2184-958f-422f-aae3-d1603d298869_zps88050d50.jpg.html]Image

did i win? jesus. photobucket. what a crock of...well this may be the only picture. anyway cp red dot. powder coated dust cover. ts stock. done. god bless. that was a challenge

Favorite Firearms
Springfield XD 45acp
Mossberg Maverick 88 12g
Remington 7400 30-06
H&R combo rifle 22/.410
Heritage 22 SAA combo
HP 995
Savage 99 .250

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:10 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
:welcome: Welcome from South Dakota BarnOwl!!! :welcome:
Like the picture you posted too!! :great:
Glad you decided to join us! :D
Mostly pretty good and helpful folks around here...

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:23 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
hi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:34 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

thanks for the welcome guys. seems like a good place. no drama. i can dig it. hopefully ill get the posting down to a science. i think the key is to resize pictures on my phone first because photochuckit its about half useless with that stuff.

Favorite Firearms
Springfield XD 45acp
Mossberg Maverick 88 12g
Remington 7400 30-06
H&R combo rifle 22/.410
Heritage 22 SAA combo
HP 995
Savage 99 .250

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:59 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

BarnOwl wrote:
thanks for the welcome guys. seems like a good place. no drama. i can dig it. hopefully ill get the posting down to a science. i think the key is to resize pictures on my phone first because photochuckit its about half useless with that stuff.

For what it's worth, I use IMGUR,http://www.imgur.com. You can create a more or less anonymous account there. The pic editing is simple and easy to use.
Once you have added a pic there and edited it to your liking, just double-click it to see it in the browser with a URL that can then be posted by using the (IMG) feature in these forums. It will look like this:

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" "Who watches the watchmen?"
-- Juvenal, Satires, VI, 347 M E

"We can have a democratic society or we can have the concentration of great wealth in the hands of the few. We cannot have both."
-- Louis Brandeis, Supreme Court Justice from 1916-1939

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:14 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Rev_Biff wrote:
BarnOwl wrote:

For what it's worth, I use IMGUR,http://www.imgur.com. You can create a more or less anonymous account there. The pic editing is simple and easy to use.
Once you have added a pic there and edited it to your liking, just double-click it to see it in the browser with a URL that can then be posted by using the (IMG) feature in these forums. It will look like this:

big thanks on that one. digging the grip. my 995 came with the hogue grip and its a life saver. moves my hand back far enough so i can comfortably get my index finger on the trigger. grip was just way to small to begin with. still on the small side. ill have to try your site. see if its more user friendly.

Favorite Firearms
Springfield XD 45acp
Mossberg Maverick 88 12g
Remington 7400 30-06
H&R combo rifle 22/.410
Heritage 22 SAA combo
HP 995
Savage 99 .250

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:57 pm 
Fanatic
Fanatic

[URL=http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/IHRunner/media/Mobile%20Uploads/796e30f4-97c0-4129-90b4-8743f531ec14_zps4240712c.jpg.html]Image

Preparing for the big run next week. 250 rounds of jacketed 45. 200 rounds of lead 45. 200 rounds of PPU 9mm, quickly becoming a personal favorite. 1,000 rounds of .22lr. should be a blast. but it does make me sad. sure hate to mess up all that pretty brass. sniff. im over it. hopefully video. i can show how my "Range" is set up. and maybe i can show off a bit and show off some cheap alternatives to expensive firearms.

Favorite Firearms
Springfield XD 45acp
Mossberg Maverick 88 12g
Remington 7400 30-06
H&R combo rifle 22/.410
Heritage 22 SAA combo
HP 995
Savage 99 .250

Profile E-mail