Hipointtalk.net

Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject: Re: Why Does HPFF suck so bad?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:19 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
... ... So THAT's where you've been... :shock:

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:32 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
jasonsch wrote:
... ... So THAT's where you've been... :shock:

Actually, I had a half dozen heart attacks in the span of a week last year and took some time to re-prioritize where my time goes. I also took on some new responsibilities with the fire department which have kept me fairly busy at certain times of the year with fundraising, district elections, etc. Baseball coach for one kid, Assistant Scout Master for my kid's Boy Scout Troop, assistant den leader for the other kid's cub scout pack, camping trips galore. Fortunately, they are all in boy scouts this year so it makes getting them to meetings easier but trips just got a lot more expensive. Also got my NRA basic rifle, pistol, and shotgun instructor certs as well as my RSO. I just finished up becoming a nationally certified CPR/AED and First Aid Instructor for BLS level Professional Health Care Providers.

Now I'm not only the Asst. Scout Master; I'm also the troop medic, shooting sports merit badge instructor, RSO, First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor, Fire Safety and Awareness Instructor, and Wilderness Survival Instructor. They also want me to teach night nav to the older scouts who thought my daytime land nav course was "too easy."

It's funny hanging out with these kids, including my own, and listening to them brag about being able to kick my butt at chess, Magic, and board games. Most of the parents are pretty clueless as well. They just don't know that if we ever get lost in the wilderness, I've already decided which one of them gets served first.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:20 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
Sure - The ol' "Heart Attack, Fire Department, Baseball Coach, Scout Master, Den Leader, NRA Triple Certification, First Aid Instructor" excuse... :whistle: :D

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:46 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
No wonder ya had a heart attack, I damn near had one reading that post.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:50 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well when you're on disability at 35 years old from a nasty line of duty injury to your spine, you tend to find a lot of idle time that needs filling. It's why I got in to reloading too. Now she can't complain that I'm spending all my money on ammo.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:35 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

RACHGIER wrote:
Now she can't complain that I'm spending all my money on ammo.

Very sorry to hear about the heart attacks, I hope they found the problem and fixed it.

Trust me, the wives will always find reasons to fuss about our gun hobby..... ask me how I know ;)

Take care of yourself!

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:28 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

waltham41 wrote:
Very sorry to hear about the heart attacks, I hope they found the problem and fixed it.

Trust me, the wives will always find reasons to fuss about our gun hobby..... ask me how I know ;)

Take care of yourself!

No, now she complains that I spend too much time in the garage making ammo and too much time at the range (without her) testing ammo.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:24 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

RACHGIER wrote:
waltham41 wrote:

Take care of yourself!

No, now she complains that I spend too much time in the garage making ammo and too much time at the range (without her) testing ammo.

LOL We just cant win..... :shock:

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:13 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Folks, this thread has run its course..... the people who at the time ran HPFF that resulted in this thread being made are long gone, and from what I hear, the new staff are pretty good people.

I'm gonna lock this one.

Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

ImageImage

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15