Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ATI STOCK Q & A
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:12 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
Lets try using this as a Q & A section for the ATI Stock, and if there is enough participation, we will start a forum just for the ATI stock. This will be a user helping user forum on fitting and troubleshooting the stock, plus any mods that are popular for the stock.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: ATI STOCK Q & A
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:08 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
I've just purchased a 995 and a ATI stock to go on it. As of yet, no chance to even shoot it so I'm in no hurry to change it out, but I will. I'm sure I'll be asking a few questions as I go along. :stupid:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:44 am 
Fanatic
Fanatic

Just be patient and take your time, it'll work in the long run...plus we'll be here for your questions.
Good luck! and be sure to get Before and after pics for us... :kewl: We LIKE pics! :mrgreen:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:14 pm 
Collector
Collector

Everybody (including Hi-Point) says that the ATI stock is bad for the 995 and is the cause of all warranty issues.

Here is my advice to anyone who wants to buy an ATI but is still skeptical because of all the accusations-- Go ahead and call both companies yourself and politely ask them for an explanation on why the ATI is bad. Only then will you be able to make your own decision. Another suggestion is to simply hold the two empty stocks side by side and compare the construction.

I think that anyone who does these two things will realize that the ATI is a great accessory for our beloved 995. :opinion:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:21 pm 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
I am not a huge fan of the stock personally, but I think the major problem that Hi Point runs into with the stock is customers with improperly fitted stocks. If a person takes his/her time, asks questions and does a good job, chances are they will have no problems with the stock or the carbine. This is JMO of course.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:38 pm 
Collector
Collector

I totally agree. I think the receiver shroud fitment is crucial and I think you can actually over-tighten the shroud bolts.

A lot of it is just cosmetics and personal preference.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:21 pm 
Passerby
Passerby

the stock is just fine but the think to make work needs a lot of modifications and if you like to make it even a better killer look you have to put a lot of upgrades $$$ so if you don't know about working on your gun you just got a bad stock but in the other place if you take at least a few hours of your day and dedicate to it you will have a nice carbine.

In my opinion is a good stock with bad fabrication details, the ATI need to modify all those details that make hard to fit in, is supposed to fit and go.

ATI stock- $60
Barrel shroud-$50
picatinny rail-$40
scope-$110
promag magazine-$20
laser-$50
bipod foregrip-$20
paint the stock-$50

MY 995 PRICELESS

IF YOU PUT THAT +-+= ? TO MAKE YOU ASSUMPTIONS AND DECIDE IF GOOD OR NOT!! SO GOOD LUCK!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:32 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The ATi is a solid platform, I have a laser on mine so I had to go with factory flash hider.The ATI comes with a buffer that reduces wear. I have no problem shooting sub 2" groups at 25 yds Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:38 am 

guns of america has a a 995 ts on there froms jays guns 329.00 seems high to me :eeewww:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:12 pm 

New here so hello to everyone. :mrgreen:

Also remember if you have the newer 995TS carbine you will need two of the "older" style shroud bolts. The ATI stock dosen't use the little swivel keepers that are on the TS stock. As of now HP will send you a set (free of charge). Again...for now as things might change.

Ruger 10/22
Ruger SR9 (2 of them)
Ruger Mk III Target
Kel Tec PF-9
Hi Point 995ts/ATI stock
H&R 12 ga. pump
H&R single shot with .243, .44 Mag., 20 Ga. slug barrels
M1 carbine (circa 1944)
Browning T-Bolt .22
.50 cal. T/C Firehawk
.50 cal. T/C New Englander

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:52 pm 
Guru
Guru

Hey Firehawk, glad you found us ! Welcome from...... somewhere else in Indiana! :welcome:

'I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.'
WC Fields

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:18 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

A buddy just got a 4095. He is wondering if it will work with the ATI stock.

I am a very peaceful man. I love people and am known for my gregarious personality. However, if you try to confiscate my guns, I will feel compelled to give them to you, one bullet at a time. -Michael Badnarik 2004 Presidential Candidate

Gun control means being able to hit your target. If I have a 'hot button' issue, this is definitely it. Don't even think about taking my guns. My rights are not negotiable, and I am totally unwilling to compromise when it comes to the Second Amendment. -Michael Badnarik 2004 Presidential Candidate

If he were alive today I would assassinate that S.O.B myself (Speaking of Franklin D. Roosevelt). -Michael Badnarik 2004 Presidential Candidate

The foreign policy of the US has been one of "empire building" ever since the First World War. The Constitution authorizes government to provide for "national DE-fense", not "international OF-fense". If Americans were really interested in promoting our national safety, they would realize that a policy of constant foreign intervention directly undermines that stated goal. Our country has military forces stationed in 135 countries around the world, and we are influencing their governments and economies either directly or indirectly in every case. That is the political equivalent of poking them in the eye with a sharp stick.
-Michael Badnarik 2004 Presidential Candidate

(Be) Divide(ed) and (be) Conquer(ed)...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:31 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

FITS: Hi-Point 9mm Carbine. Does Not Fit the 40 Cal. Hi-Point
Never mind. Seen this on ATI's site.

I bet we will make it fit. ;)

I am a very peaceful man. I love people and am known for my gregarious personality. However, if you try to confiscate my guns, I will feel compelled to give them to you, one bullet at a time. -Michael Badnarik 2004 Presidential Candidate

Gun control means being able to hit your target. If I have a 'hot button' issue, this is definitely it. Don't even think about taking my guns. My rights are not negotiable, and I am totally unwilling to compromise when it comes to the Second Amendment. -Michael Badnarik 2004 Presidential Candidate

If he were alive today I would assassinate that S.O.B myself (Speaking of Franklin D. Roosevelt). -Michael Badnarik 2004 Presidential Candidate

The foreign policy of the US has been one of "empire building" ever since the First World War. The Constitution authorizes government to provide for "national DE-fense", not "international OF-fense". If Americans were really interested in promoting our national safety, they would realize that a policy of constant foreign intervention directly undermines that stated goal. Our country has military forces stationed in 135 countries around the world, and we are influencing their governments and economies either directly or indirectly in every case. That is the political equivalent of poking them in the eye with a sharp stick.
-Michael Badnarik 2004 Presidential Candidate

(Be) Divide(ed) and (be) Conquer(ed)...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:11 am 
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

Favorite Hi-Point: C9-Comp
327amc wrote:

I bet we will make it fit. ;)

That would be impressive, as the 4095 has a little over an inch more length along the receiver shroud, and so the bolts are spaced farther...

But if you do it, you better take lots of pics, and post the How To and measurements right away!

Other guns owned: Various and sundry...lets just say I can launch any of the following ammo...8mm & 7mm Mauser, 7.62X54R or 7.62X39 or 7.62X25, 7.5X55, 9X18, 9X19, .380, .40, .45, .22, .22 mag, .22WRF, .223, 12 ga, 20ga., .30-30, .300 Savage, .303 Brit, 7.62 NATO, and .30-06...so if you want to get rid of some, let me know!!!

He who laughs last........................thinks slowest!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:05 pm 
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
Looking into getting one of these ATI Stocks sooner or later.

But I've found ALOT of conflicting info about fitment,.. and Hi Point possibly adding something in their warranty about not using aftermarket stocks?

First off, I know this stock has been around for quite a few years now, so it seems the newer ATI stock that's being produced today, does in fact fit the 995ts, with no modification necessary.

But I've read a rumor that the ATI stock doesn't support the barrel enough? Or the plastic supports around the barrel aren't heat resistant enough, and over time will weaken allowing the recoil to damage parts of the receiver?

Can anyone confirm or deny any of this? Anyone have thousands of rounds through a 995ts in the newer ATI Stock with no issues?

Any help clearing this up would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Profile E-mail