Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Aftermarket Carbine Parts
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:26 am 
Collector
Collector

Favorite Hi-Point: 995
I am very saddened that Bushman is no longer in business. He was the innovator in Hi-Point aftermarket parts. I think this means his stuff is worth twice as much now! I currently have all his parts on my 995 but am in the process of switching from my short rail to a long rail that will accommodate back up sights. Since Bushman is out of stock and done with production I had to look elsewhere. So I thought I'd start a post where we can share our resources for custom made HP carbine parts.

There's a seller named mold99 on ebay making aluminum stuff now. There are also some random guys on ebay selling custom barrel shrouds and muzzle brakes. That's all I could come up with for now.
I was lurking around on the other forum but I couldn't find any posts about guys producing products for sale. It's almost as if they don't want you to trick out your carbine so they control the information.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Carbine Parts
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:33 am 
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼
☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼

Favorite Hi-Point: C9-Comp
They have a policy of not allowing anyone to sell parts without having them checked by a mod first, and the maker has to basically GIVE the mod a free part to test. There was a thread there about it, I even hinted that maybe they could get users in good standing to pay for parts to test, but some of the mods got pretty mad about it, and shut it down.

Anyway, as far as I know, you named them all. There is a guy named writerinmo over there who says he has some triggers designed, and will be making them soon.

And over here, there is Sirshanskalot, who does triggers as well; and gives a price break for members of HPT. He does black or silver.
I had some issues with the one I bought from him, (which might have been the first one he sold?) but it works now, and he says the newer ones work better. And I do trust him, if it hadn't worked out, I think he'd have taken care of me. In fact, I forgot the price break, and he just sent me the money back with the part, rather than waiting for me to wonder, and ask about it. :thumb:
http://shop.hipoint9mmcarbineaccessories.com/

Other guns owned: Various and sundry...lets just say I can launch any of the following ammo...8mm & 7mm Mauser, 7.62X54R or 7.62X39 or 7.62X25, 7.5X55, 9X18, 9X19, .380, .40, .45, .22, .22 mag, .22WRF, .223, 12 ga, 20ga., .30-30, .300 Savage, .303 Brit, 7.62 NATO, and .30-06...so if you want to get rid of some, let me know!!!

He who laughs last........................thinks slowest!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:38 am 
Collector
Collector

My Bushman 995 Replacement Picatinny is actually up for grabs if anybody is looking for one.
http://www.hipointtalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9796

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:14 pm 
Collector
Collector

So... the mold 99 (ebay) long rail for the ATI came in today and it's pretty ruff. Same design as Bushmans but needs a little attention before installing. The machine cuts were ruff with lots of burring along the edges. I had to use a file to clean it up real good before I painted it. But now that all the burs are off it's a great rail.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:56 pm 
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•
•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
I make my own stuff... I worked up some triggers but found that I probably can't sell them for what they are worth to me, no one wants to pay 30 bucks for a trigger for a $150 firearm, so I have been making stuff that I can make a bigger profit margin on, or just for my own HP's and other guns. Just makes them more unique IMHO. Looking at picking up an combo mill/drill press/ lathe when I get my taxes back and expanding my powdercoating and see what I can pick up, made a contact with one of the officers of the area chapter of a nationwide motorcycle club, he wants me to get setup so I can go larger stuff and have my own beadblast cabinet then he says he can swamp me with work, they've had trouble finding good service at an affordable price.

Any of y'all want smaller stuff powdercoated shoot me a message with what it is, I'll give ya a fair price. Just no more carbine front sights...

http://elby.yolasite.com/ Mosin sight tools

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/blrobinso ... geOffset=2
My fantasy novels and C&R Bound Book

http://blrobinson.yolasite.com/
My writing website

Profile E-mail