Hipoint Firearms
It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: C9 Rattles
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:23 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: C9
The LRHO is the small lever you can see inside the magwell on the left side of the gun at the top. If it's not holding the slide back the mag is going into the magwell too far. It's an easy fix.

The rattle that is heard on Hobbles sound bit is what Walt says it is. The drop safety bar. That can be removed but it's illegal to do so. And not very bright either. So forget I mentioned it. :whistle:

If you take it apart run a .22 brass brush connected to a drill motor in and out of the trigger spring channel a few times with some oil to remove the machining marks in there. It's an amazing difference in the racking quality and the sounds it makes afterwards (Read- it's much smoother and quieter)

And before you ask, polishing the feed ramp has two opposing camps here. I stand with the side that says there is no need to, others say the difference is night and day. :dunno: I say wait until after a good 500 rounds to see if it's necessary. It can hurt if not done judiciously from what I hear. I never did it to my C9 but I ensured that my mags set the bullets correctly to enter the chamber. The mags are the weak link on these guns. If something isn't working right, it's probably the mag that is causing the malfunctions.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison
It's gettin close boys. The time is near.

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

--No good deed goes unpunished--

When we do good, nobody remembers, when we do bad, nobody forgets. --unknown

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:18 am 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Randy wrote:
The LRHO is the small lever you can see inside the magwell on the left side of the gun at the top. If it's not holding the slide back the mag is going into the magwell too far. It's an easy fix.

The rattle that is heard on Hobbles sound bit is what Walt says it is. The drop safety bar. That can be removed but it's illegal to do so. And not very bright either. So forget I mentioned it. :whistle:

If you take it apart run a .22 brass brush connected to a drill motor in and out of the trigger spring channel a few times with some oil to remove the machining marks in there. It's an amazing difference in the racking quality and the sounds it makes afterwards (Read- it's much smoother and quieter)

And before you ask, polishing the feed ramp has two opposing camps here. I stand with the side that says there is no need to, others say the difference is night and day. :dunno: I say wait until after a good 500 rounds to see if it's necessary. It can hurt if not done judiciously from what I hear. I never did it to my C9 but I ensured that my mags set the bullets correctly to enter the chamber. The mags are the weak link on these guns. If something isn't working right, it's probably the mag that is causing the malfunctions.

Ditto on the feed ramp. Mine has never been done and it's always fed fine. Don't fix what isn't broken.

"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing."
Attributed to Edmund Burke, though it's source cannot be proven.

"Those who stand for nothing, fall for anything"
Alexander Hamilton

Sorry to see you go Dean. Never enough time and it makes
us all realize just what being mortal is. You have been a true friend to me
and I will miss you every day.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government
from wasting the labors of the people under the pretence of taking care of
them."

Thomas Jefferson

Not having Windows on your computer is like
not having bricks tied to your dogs collar.

http://linuxmint.com

The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:03 pm 

Favorite Hi-Point: 45ACP
srtolly wrote:
Part 33 is the last round hold open. Should be able to see it under the left grip panel. If the spring cane off it would make noise and not lock the slide open on the last round.

Maybe hearing the counter weight in the grip, mine rattles like crazy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:50 am 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

VAPREACHER wrote:
srtolly wrote:
Part 33 is the last round hold open. Should be able to see it under the left grip panel. If the spring cane off it would make noise and not lock the slide open on the last round.

Maybe hearing the counter weight in the grip, mine rattles like crazy.

Good to see you here Preacher! Old thread but input ALWAYS welcome! You went digging to find this thread! ;) And that's good!

Alexander Hamilton

them."

Thomas Jefferson

If the mentally deficient are not allowed to own guns then why should they be allowed to make gun laws?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:30 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

I'd like to welcome VAPREACHER too!!

And, I'm glad he brought this thread back...

A while back I sold a couple of new C9's - before the customer came to pick them up, I took both out of the box and removed the chamber flags.

Shaking them side-to-side they both rattled.
Grab them in a manner where you're holding the slide and no rattle.
Never tried to shake then front-to-back.
Never tried it with them cocked.

So, IMHO, with these 2 new C9's - It's the slide that's making the noise.
And I'd also say it completely normal...

So, I'd say this: People, quit shaking your guns!!! Then you won't spend you're time wondering if something is wrong.

I took a quick around, I shook a box of 45 ACP ammo, a box that contained some reloading dies, my coffee pot, a box of primers, a box of bullets, my toaster, and the remote control for the tv.
They ALL rattled, or at least made a noise. The remote control was real noisy until the batteries flew out of it...

Now, you can imagine the wife looking at me as I was attempting to bend my fat crippled ass over far enough to get ahold of one of those AA batteries on the floor...

"Now Just Exactly WTF ARE you doing??" she asks, picking both batteries and the little cover for them up for me.
"I wanted to see if it would rattle when I shook it..." I said, feeling pretty stupid.
"I think someone should shake that head of yours and see if your brain rattles around in there." she said, with a head shake and her usual look of disgust & disappointment...

I guess my point is: If you pick up anything and shake it it'll probably rattle or make noise - unless it's a solid or all the parts of it are bolted or bonded together solidly... :dunno:
If it has parts that are supposed to move - like a pistol for example - it'll probably make noise.
Something assembled with just a few thousanths of an inch for clearance won't make any noise.

And the more I think about it - I'm not sure - What does shaking the piss out of something supposed to prove... :hmmm:

Thank God that box of 45 ACP ammo didn't come open... The wife would of been REALLY mad then. :whistle:

Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

“The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be denied.”
Article VI, Section 24 of the South Dakota Constitution

I sure miss you Amp - (Dean Stephens) - Wish I could have met you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:05 pm 
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡
≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡=≡

Try shakin' an open package of primers while standing on the carpet... She may approve of the one more... Specially when she vacuums one up!

:laugh: :funny: :run:

Alexander Hamilton

them."

Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:50 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

A while back I went shooting with a young lad who owned a Kimber, it rattled like a can of marbles. it shot great however.

I took the drop weight out of my c9 IIRC, no more rattle. I took all the safety stuff off mine except for the safety; the way I see it is if I'm a moron enough to drop my pistol I deserve to get my tucus shot. Disclaimer-I do not conceal carry my C9, if I pick up a pistola to carry outside I take my PHP or my CZ82. They both hold a lot more Buullitts.

“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — General George S. Patton

May we always realize the cost of our freedom. We can never repay them, but the very least we can do is uphold the ideals that they died protecting and honor them in the choices we make each day.

”If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” -James Madison

The greatest RE-productive force is human selfishness (Say NO! to population growth!).

Just because you are unnatural, bizarre, bring problems on yourself, and don't fit in does not mean I dislike you...well, yeah it does

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” ― Hunter S. Thompson

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:29 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
The 1911 I was issued sounded like a can of spray paint when you shook it. This was a couple years before the Marine Corps switched to the M9.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:45 am 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Favorite Hi-Point: 4095
srtolly wrote:
The 1911 I was issued sounded like a can of spray paint when you shook it. This was a couple years before the Marine Corps switched to the M9.

Same here... they were leftovers from WW2 and didn't have a bit of bluing left on them.... they were crappy and not accurate at all, I thought all 1911's were junk for years because of the ones I carried and shot in the Army.

NEW TO FIREARMS? PLEASE VISIT
Hi Point Safety Tips
and
More Safety Links

This forum is only as good as YOU make it. Lets all work together and have a forum we can be proud of! But lets not forget to have FUN while we do it!

Comments, suggestions and opinions are always welcome. If I can help, I will.

Happy shooting Dave Gillespie - (Sharp Shooter), you will be missed and remembered.

We will miss you Jerry Roberts - (woodyubet), you will not be forgotten.

We are better off from having known you Dean Stephens -(ampersand) It wont be the same around here without you.

ImageImage
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:15 am 

I really interested for c9 i want to test that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:03 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

arielado wrote:
I really interested for c9 i want to test that.

Well arielado, it's easy, find a gun store that sells them and buy one. Shoot it for a while and if you don't like it, sell it or trade it back to who you bought from for a different one. The only problem I see is that if you really are 18, you gotta wait a couple or three years in most states.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:24 pm 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Favorite Hi-Point: 40SW
waltham41 wrote:

Same here... they were leftovers from WW2 and didn't have a bit of bluing left on them.... they were crappy and not accurate at all, I thought all 1911's were junk for years because of the ones I carried and shot in the Army.

I wish I had one just for the memories, one that's been through a couple wars and looks like it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:48 am 
HPT Veteran
HPT Veteran

Yeah...dreamer.

I've seen some used up at gun shows that want nearly new prices on. I can live without. But I was never issued a firearm in the military. Air Force don't need bitty little guns, we had bombers, they made louder booms. :mrgreen:

Seriously, I was allowed to play with guns twice during the time I was in and I missed the second time due to a broken ankle. And the second time was my only opportunity to shoot full auto. :cry: We got to participate in war games on base and I missed it! :twisted: :twisted: A full week playing soldier and I was laid up flat on my back after surgery to fit my ankle back together for the entire week!

Profile E-mail